August 1, 2024
One week from today we are leaving Florida for two weeks in Idaho. I can't wait to see my girls and their families! I must admit that I am especially anxious to spend time with my youngest grandson, Arlo Valentine Ness. He is changing and growing daily and although I talk to him via FaceTime every week and get lots of pictures and videos of him, it isn't the same as being with him. I can't wait to sing, read, go on walks, and play with him to my heart's content. Arlo is obsessed with his Papa - everytime we talk on the phone, he wants to see his "Papa." Once when we were FaceTiming, Rich was eating a piece of pizza and Arlo often asks me "Papa eating pizza?" when we talk on the phone. He remembers what his Papa was doing!!
December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...
Comments