At the end of February, our dear friends, Kay and Dennis Monroe, found out how much Rich missed our pets. We left our Cairn Terrier, Ferguson, with Kelly Lynae and our cat, Henrietta, with Hollie in Idaho. Pets are not allowed in the villas in which we live. Kay researched "plush toy therapy pets" and ordered one for Rich. He absolutely loves Stella and she seems very real to him. It is amazing how much comfort and joy this kitty has given to Rich (and me). Thank you, Denny and Kay!
December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...
Comments