I need to note the amazing relationship that Rich has with all of his girls. He is so proud of his daughters and loves spending time with them. Since Rich's love language is quality time, his favorite time has been the times he has shared with all of us. He loves playing games. Settlers, Chess, Can't Stop, Backgammon, Risk, Monopoly, Uno, Ticket to Ride, Zap (or Farkle), Yahtzee, and Sequence are some of his favorites. All the time the girls were growing up, Rich would spend hours playing games with them. When we lived with the Watsons, he loved to walk Levi and Hazel with Becca. He loved helping Hollie unload hay for Gigi and going on long hikes with Hollie and Van and Lou. He adored skiing with Kelly at Bogus Basin. Rich and I used to play games, read, take walks, look at Open Houses, talk, go out to eat, and generally do everything together. Although we can't do all of those things now, I am thankful for the memories. He is still my best friend. We are so grateful for the years of enjoying activities together.
December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...


Comments