Skip to main content

Moving to Middleton

Well, I planned to start blogging again in January but several months have gone by without any posts. SIGH! That has been the way this year has gone so far – unpredictable!

We had a wonderful trip in January to Maranatha Village in Sebring, FL. The four Carlson siblings along with our spouses had a week long reunion. We were also able to spend two days with the whole Mincy family. The entire week was such a delight! We got to hear Paul preach, enjoyed an old fashioned singspiration (think Fourth Baptist Church in Mpls.), reconnected with old friends and made new friends. Most importantly, we spent hours reconnecting and savoring our family time. Pure bliss!

When we returned to Idaho, Becca and Brent told us that they were considering putting our home up for sale and finding something that would be less upkeep and less expense! That was such a surprise and I will admit that I wasn’t excited about the idea. However, God had been speaking to me about being willing to joyfully follow His leading in my life (I’d been praying about how God could use me to be more of a witness for Him). I realized that this could be His direction! So we started looking at houses and packing up our things. Unfortunately, the winter hit and both Rich and I got sick with colds. My cold turned into bronchitis and eventually, pneumonia, and I was sick the whole time we were showing our house! Such fun!

We moved on Friday, March 13th and 14th and we absolutely love our new house and neighborhood. We have lovely neighbors and lots of walking and bike paths around our home. This weekend Brent and his dad put up the posts for our backyard fence. Becca and Brent are also digging out the ground around our existing patio to extend it. They are such hard workers and we are grateful to be the benefactors of their hard work. I am mostly in charge of the kitchen and keeping food made, served, and cleaned up. It is a great division of labor!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Engagement Story

December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...

Vacation and COVID-19

It is a little difficult to write about our time in McCall objectively because I tend to have rose colored glasses about vacations in general and McCall in particular. However, the week of Family Camp was a bit challenging for Rich because he was away from his regular routines at home. He was surrounded by people each day and although they were a bit familiar, he couldn't remember their names or how he knew them. Our assistant pastor, Bobby Truax, was at our breakfast table one morning and Rich whispered to me, "What is his name?" Bobby overheard the question and without skipping a beat said, "Hi Rich! My name is Bobby." Over and over throughout the week, the men at camp spent time talking to Rich (and often answering the same questions numerous times) and making him feel a part of conversations. I am so appreciative! We played games with several different groups and every person was patient with Rich when he didn't understand the rules or felt overwhelmed b...

Laughter and Pets

I told Rich today that I was blogging about our journey with dementia. I felt that it was only fair that I let him know that I was making this public. He was characteristically upbeat and sweet. He said that he thought it was wonderful that I was putting down my thoughts and chronicling the road that we are walking together. He said that he wanted to use his journey to bring glory to God and point others to the Prince of Peace!  In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I lost my glasses this morning. It is humbling to realize that I needed Rich's help to find them (and he did find them)! Perhaps we both need a pair of back-up glasses! 😆 We have learned to laugh at many things that are part of our lives now. Rich's meds evidently give him lots of air bubbles and he belches long and loud (and dare I say - proud)!! I have to admit that the many noises that he emits is a bit irritating at times but usually we bust up and LAUGH! What can you do?  Rich's favorite sh...