Some of these pictures were taken before the wedding and some after - they are in no particular order! :-) The weather was warm but beautiful! The wedding was held at the outdoor Idaho Shakespeare Theatre & the facilities were great. We had an area for the wedding ceremony, two rooms for the reception - one for the dinner buffet, one for the cupcakes, coffee, tea, and ice water as well as mingling with the guests. Then there was an outdoor patio. We had about 25 tables outside for the guests. The outdoor areas were just beautiful - some of the trees were changing colors and it was breathtaking!
December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...




Comments