Skip to main content
We had a fun weekend recently when my cousin, Joy, came to Meridian for a visit. We had a scrap-a-thon at Archivers, drank coffee, ate good food (including Kringla that Becca made) & talked & talked! Of course, Joy & the girls acted up a bit but hopefully I was a good influence (tee hee)!


I wrote this in an email to Joy:

"Our camping time was cut short because Rich got a lead on a job!! He needed to get back so he could get all of his information (resume, application, etc) in on Monday. Then Tues. he had an interview, Wednesday he found out that he got the job and he started on Thurs. Whew!! What a whirlwind! 

He is working as a Transitional Education Specialist for Canyon Springs High School in Caldwell. He spends most of his time with boys in a detention facility - helping them to keep up with their studies. He will be continuing to stay connected to them after they are released from detention. His job is to assist them in whatever way possible so they successfully transition to school & eventually graduate. He is still learning his way around but is very excited about this open door - it is a full time position with benefits (including dental and eye). He wants to be a positive role model in these kids' lives and try to connect with them. God opened the doors so definitely for Rich that we believe He has a purpose for him in this job!"

PRAISE THE LORD, He has answered our prayers! Thanks to all of you for praying too! Please continue to pray because although it is a huge answer to prayer - Rich will not get a full paycheck until the end of October. He is looking for a part time job to help in the interim. We are so grateful for God's provision in the past & we know that he will continue to care for us
.

Comments

Unknown said…
Priscilla, it's Marcia Swenson!! Somehow I saw the Facebook Pillsbury 67-74 or whatever site and ended up here via your sister's BlogSpot.
I wondered if I'd even recognize you - - it's been close to 40 years. Yikes!!
I still live in Minnesota, have three sons, three d-I-laws and a fifth grandchild due in two months. My e-mail address is randmclay@gmail.com if you want to get in touch. <3
Connie Carlson said…
We're at a convention in Daytona Beach, FL! Loved the pic of you and Joy! Praise The Lord that Rich has a job! It sounds wonderful! God truly answers prayer! Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Engagement Story

December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...

Vacation and COVID-19

It is a little difficult to write about our time in McCall objectively because I tend to have rose colored glasses about vacations in general and McCall in particular. However, the week of Family Camp was a bit challenging for Rich because he was away from his regular routines at home. He was surrounded by people each day and although they were a bit familiar, he couldn't remember their names or how he knew them. Our assistant pastor, Bobby Truax, was at our breakfast table one morning and Rich whispered to me, "What is his name?" Bobby overheard the question and without skipping a beat said, "Hi Rich! My name is Bobby." Over and over throughout the week, the men at camp spent time talking to Rich (and often answering the same questions numerous times) and making him feel a part of conversations. I am so appreciative! We played games with several different groups and every person was patient with Rich when he didn't understand the rules or felt overwhelmed b...

Laughter and Pets

I told Rich today that I was blogging about our journey with dementia. I felt that it was only fair that I let him know that I was making this public. He was characteristically upbeat and sweet. He said that he thought it was wonderful that I was putting down my thoughts and chronicling the road that we are walking together. He said that he wanted to use his journey to bring glory to God and point others to the Prince of Peace!  In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I lost my glasses this morning. It is humbling to realize that I needed Rich's help to find them (and he did find them)! Perhaps we both need a pair of back-up glasses! 😆 We have learned to laugh at many things that are part of our lives now. Rich's meds evidently give him lots of air bubbles and he belches long and loud (and dare I say - proud)!! I have to admit that the many noises that he emits is a bit irritating at times but usually we bust up and LAUGH! What can you do?  Rich's favorite sh...