Skip to main content

Robinson Update!

I thought that I should update all of you on what has been going on with us in the past few weeks. The most important news is that we are moving into a house!! We won't be living there until later in the month but we are starting to move in now! The house has been empty for a couple of years, I think. The property manager (a friend of ours) has been working for over four months to clear it out and clean it up! It is now ready for occupancy!

Rich has the use of a big utility trailer and we plan to take over a load every day until we can get a crew to move the big pieces of furniture. We have a vacation planned to the Oregon coast from August 8-14 so we won't be moving anything during that week:-) We are going to meet Derrick and Susie near Portland. Rich has made friends with a gentleman (Lloyd) who is building a four-plex across from our townhouse. Lloyd offered us the use of a furnished apartment that he and his wife own.  It is very exciting! 

God has put together all the details for this vacation and for our wonderful house!! He is so good! The picture of the house is on March 24, in case you want to see where we will be living! Yes, Gail, we are planning to cut the scrubs down in front of the windows. If we put our little bistro table and chairs on the porch now - we can't see out at all!

Comments

Amanda said…
How exciting Priscilla! I'm so happy for you and Rich. If you need any help with moving, please let us know.
gailsgarden said…
HOW EXCITING!!! Can't wait to see it when you are settled. Now how can I get to ID? Maybe if you had rotater cuff surgery...
Connie Carlson said…
Wonderful! Thanks for the update and address! God is so good!
Priscilla said…
Gail, I would plan a surgery if you could come:-)
sara said…
This is good news, Aunt Cilla!

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Engagement Story

December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...

Vacation and COVID-19

It is a little difficult to write about our time in McCall objectively because I tend to have rose colored glasses about vacations in general and McCall in particular. However, the week of Family Camp was a bit challenging for Rich because he was away from his regular routines at home. He was surrounded by people each day and although they were a bit familiar, he couldn't remember their names or how he knew them. Our assistant pastor, Bobby Truax, was at our breakfast table one morning and Rich whispered to me, "What is his name?" Bobby overheard the question and without skipping a beat said, "Hi Rich! My name is Bobby." Over and over throughout the week, the men at camp spent time talking to Rich (and often answering the same questions numerous times) and making him feel a part of conversations. I am so appreciative! We played games with several different groups and every person was patient with Rich when he didn't understand the rules or felt overwhelmed b...

Laughter and Pets

I told Rich today that I was blogging about our journey with dementia. I felt that it was only fair that I let him know that I was making this public. He was characteristically upbeat and sweet. He said that he thought it was wonderful that I was putting down my thoughts and chronicling the road that we are walking together. He said that he wanted to use his journey to bring glory to God and point others to the Prince of Peace!  In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I lost my glasses this morning. It is humbling to realize that I needed Rich's help to find them (and he did find them)! Perhaps we both need a pair of back-up glasses! 😆 We have learned to laugh at many things that are part of our lives now. Rich's meds evidently give him lots of air bubbles and he belches long and loud (and dare I say - proud)!! I have to admit that the many noises that he emits is a bit irritating at times but usually we bust up and LAUGH! What can you do?  Rich's favorite sh...