Skip to main content

Family Update

I have had some issues with my blog & I was afraid that I'd have to scratch this blog and start all over! However, my techie daughter, Hollie, helped me diagnose and fix my problem. Thanks, HOLLIE DOLLY (as Grandma would have said)! What a blessing our children are to us!

 Becca is finishing up her last month at SLIERS (St. Luke's Idaho Elk Rehabilitation - what does "S" mean?) and then she will be a stay at home mom. Today she and Jack had a date while Henry, Daddy, and Grandpa (Brent's Dad) went to a monster truck rally. Hopefully, I'll remember to take some new pictures so that you can see how the boys are growing!! On Wednesday night, they had a special concert from a Ugandan Children's Choir (at their church). Becca said that the choir was delightful & the music was very lively. Henry remarked, "Wow, I wish I had energy like that." He must be getting old!!!

Henry is winding down his second year in Cubbies and next fall Jack will be old enough to start Cubbies. That makes me feel older! The Watsons will be moving to their house (already rented) in Caldwell by March 31. They will probably begin attending and eventually join Montana Ave. Baptist Church. It is only a few miles from their house. God is leading and directing in wonderful ways - the chaplain for the Caldwell police is Jeff Williams, the pastor at Montana Ave. Brent and Jeff have spent quite a bit of time together. Jeff has been a Godly mentor to Brent - PTL! Also Montana Ave. is in the same association of GARBC churches with which our church fellowships. We will now have opportunities to fellowship with each other at retreats, mission conferences, etc. Of course, we see them as much as possible other times too:-)

 Hollie has experienced some difficult times at work in the past few months. She had been working lots of mandatory overtime and work had been quite stressful. We had been praying lots for her! In the past couple of weeks, things came to a head and some of the management team was "let go" or demoted. PTL, the climate is so much better - Hollie remarked on Tuesday that it seemed like a brand new job!! We spent some fun time with Hollie on Tuesday night after her cute hair cut (another photo-op missed - ARG!"). Rich will be helping her get some more hay for the horses this week. She is one busy girl with all her animals (2 horses, 2 dogs, & 2 cats)!!

 Kelly recently had an article that she wrote for one of her clients, Pro-Team, published in a prestigious trade school magazine. This was quite a coup and has given her credibility with her client!! Way to go, Kelly! Kelly & I spent the afternoon together. We met for lunch (at a tea house) and then we went to a beading shop. Then she came back to our house where we found her more beads!! We had such a great mom & daughter date!

Rich and I just returned from a musical production of "The Wizard of Oz" for a school fund raiser. The kids did an excellent job. One of my piano students played the Wicked Witch of the West. She was wonderful - her solo was the best in the show (and so was her acting). It was lots of fun!

Comments

Connie Carlson said…
How wonderful to catch up on the Robinsons! Thanks so much for your post! Love you! Connie

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Engagement Story

December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...

Vacation and COVID-19

It is a little difficult to write about our time in McCall objectively because I tend to have rose colored glasses about vacations in general and McCall in particular. However, the week of Family Camp was a bit challenging for Rich because he was away from his regular routines at home. He was surrounded by people each day and although they were a bit familiar, he couldn't remember their names or how he knew them. Our assistant pastor, Bobby Truax, was at our breakfast table one morning and Rich whispered to me, "What is his name?" Bobby overheard the question and without skipping a beat said, "Hi Rich! My name is Bobby." Over and over throughout the week, the men at camp spent time talking to Rich (and often answering the same questions numerous times) and making him feel a part of conversations. I am so appreciative! We played games with several different groups and every person was patient with Rich when he didn't understand the rules or felt overwhelmed b...

Laughter and Pets

I told Rich today that I was blogging about our journey with dementia. I felt that it was only fair that I let him know that I was making this public. He was characteristically upbeat and sweet. He said that he thought it was wonderful that I was putting down my thoughts and chronicling the road that we are walking together. He said that he wanted to use his journey to bring glory to God and point others to the Prince of Peace!  In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I lost my glasses this morning. It is humbling to realize that I needed Rich's help to find them (and he did find them)! Perhaps we both need a pair of back-up glasses! 😆 We have learned to laugh at many things that are part of our lives now. Rich's meds evidently give him lots of air bubbles and he belches long and loud (and dare I say - proud)!! I have to admit that the many noises that he emits is a bit irritating at times but usually we bust up and LAUGH! What can you do?  Rich's favorite sh...