Skip to main content

New Diet Continues

Well, I have completed 9 days of my new diet: gluten free, dairy free, & sugar free!! I haven't improved yet (health-wise) but time will tell!

I had to return to the doctor on Friday. My asthma was making it hard to breath (I felt like I had someone sitting on my chest) & my inhaler didn't help. I also have bronchitis! SIGH! I got more meds & a new long lasting inhaler & hopefully I'll start to improve. This past week was rough.

I am so thankful for God's Word that encourages during times like this. Last Sunday I filled in for the Primary Sunday School class and taught the story of Elijah and the widow and her son. She was one meal away from starving to death (even harder than that - seeing your son starve to death). Even though it didn't make sense, she trusted God and prepared food for Elijah. God showed his love and care for her and provided the resources (indefinately) that she needed !! God really impressed me that I need to trust Him because he is the same God today. He cares for us and has a plan for us. The kids (and I) got so excited and thanked God for the many ways he shows His care and plans for us. This week I had to remember that lesson! Even when I am ill & discouraged, still I will trust Him - He knows what I need better than I do.

The benefit of being sick is trying a new diet regimen & losing weight:-)

Comments

Connie Carlson said…
We'll be praying for you in a special way, Cilla. We were not aware of the extent of your health problem. Keep us posted. Love you! Connie
Priscilla said…
Thanks, Connie! Your prayers and kind words mean so much! I am doing better today & I'm looking forward to that continuing.
Connie Carlson said…
One question...what are you able to eat?

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Engagement Story

December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...

Vacation and COVID-19

It is a little difficult to write about our time in McCall objectively because I tend to have rose colored glasses about vacations in general and McCall in particular. However, the week of Family Camp was a bit challenging for Rich because he was away from his regular routines at home. He was surrounded by people each day and although they were a bit familiar, he couldn't remember their names or how he knew them. Our assistant pastor, Bobby Truax, was at our breakfast table one morning and Rich whispered to me, "What is his name?" Bobby overheard the question and without skipping a beat said, "Hi Rich! My name is Bobby." Over and over throughout the week, the men at camp spent time talking to Rich (and often answering the same questions numerous times) and making him feel a part of conversations. I am so appreciative! We played games with several different groups and every person was patient with Rich when he didn't understand the rules or felt overwhelmed b...

Laughter and Pets

I told Rich today that I was blogging about our journey with dementia. I felt that it was only fair that I let him know that I was making this public. He was characteristically upbeat and sweet. He said that he thought it was wonderful that I was putting down my thoughts and chronicling the road that we are walking together. He said that he wanted to use his journey to bring glory to God and point others to the Prince of Peace!  In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I lost my glasses this morning. It is humbling to realize that I needed Rich's help to find them (and he did find them)! Perhaps we both need a pair of back-up glasses! 😆 We have learned to laugh at many things that are part of our lives now. Rich's meds evidently give him lots of air bubbles and he belches long and loud (and dare I say - proud)!! I have to admit that the many noises that he emits is a bit irritating at times but usually we bust up and LAUGH! What can you do?  Rich's favorite sh...