Skip to main content

Where has the time gone?



This summer has been a blur! Here are the highlights:
June 4 - Rich's 60th birthday
June 14 - Becca's hip surgery
June 17 - Our 33rd Anniversary
June 20-24 - VBS at Meridian First Baptist (I am in charge of Henry & Jack & the music for VBS!!)
June 29 - My birthday - never mind how many!!
July 4 - Birthday of our country
July 13- Jack's 2nd birthday
July 20-24 Camping Trip to McCall (for one day) and then to the Youth Camp for Central Valley Baptist Church at the 4H Camp in Cascade, ID. We camped with Jack and Henry at the facility where Becca and Brent were involved in their youth group camp ministry. Praise the Lord, Becca did very well physically and was able to participate in almost everything at camp. It was great to see her ministry with the teen girls. I am so thankful for the way God is using her. The Lord recently led their youth pastor and his wife to another church and so this was the first camp that they had without Bob and Tiffany. Bob had been with CVBC for about 10 years, I think. The Lord blessed with almost 50 kids, a great spirit of unity and serving, and many decicions made to live for Christ more fully. It was such a blessing to us to be a witness to God's power in lives.

A note about the pictures -

I love this picture of Hollie taken in Seattle visting a friend (MMMmmm, that cupcake looks good).

Becca and Brent celebrated their 8th anniversary on June 6. I can't believe that they've been married that long:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Engagement Story

December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...

Vacation and COVID-19

It is a little difficult to write about our time in McCall objectively because I tend to have rose colored glasses about vacations in general and McCall in particular. However, the week of Family Camp was a bit challenging for Rich because he was away from his regular routines at home. He was surrounded by people each day and although they were a bit familiar, he couldn't remember their names or how he knew them. Our assistant pastor, Bobby Truax, was at our breakfast table one morning and Rich whispered to me, "What is his name?" Bobby overheard the question and without skipping a beat said, "Hi Rich! My name is Bobby." Over and over throughout the week, the men at camp spent time talking to Rich (and often answering the same questions numerous times) and making him feel a part of conversations. I am so appreciative! We played games with several different groups and every person was patient with Rich when he didn't understand the rules or felt overwhelmed b...

Laughter and Pets

I told Rich today that I was blogging about our journey with dementia. I felt that it was only fair that I let him know that I was making this public. He was characteristically upbeat and sweet. He said that he thought it was wonderful that I was putting down my thoughts and chronicling the road that we are walking together. He said that he wanted to use his journey to bring glory to God and point others to the Prince of Peace!  In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I lost my glasses this morning. It is humbling to realize that I needed Rich's help to find them (and he did find them)! Perhaps we both need a pair of back-up glasses! 😆 We have learned to laugh at many things that are part of our lives now. Rich's meds evidently give him lots of air bubbles and he belches long and loud (and dare I say - proud)!! I have to admit that the many noises that he emits is a bit irritating at times but usually we bust up and LAUGH! What can you do?  Rich's favorite sh...