


I tried my hand at painting a chair (bought at a flea market) to auction off at the art fair. I think it sold for $45!! Not bad, huh? I have been inspired by Sara Fosmark as well - she paints everything!! Although I am a total novice, I thought I'd give it a try & actually I was pleased with my efforts.
I decoupaged the ME picture (from a calendar) onto the seat & painted a border of flowers & leaves around it. Rich took a few pictures of the chair for me but didn't get the bottom. I painted flowers all over the legs and cross bars on the bottom. The "seat" is painted with chalk board paint so that the "saying" can change. The problem was everyone kept touching it and smearing the chalk so it looked very messy by the time we took the picture. Anyway, the new owner said she loved it & wrote a new saying on it when she got it home.
Comments