
Wow, where has 2011 gone? It has been a very busy, very fulfilling year! I am sure that next year I will do better at staying on top of everything. At least I hope so!
This year I've been involved in Awana, Children's Church, orchestra (flute) or piano for the morning services (when I am not in Children's Church), practicing flute, piano, and musical ensemble pieces, babysitting Henry and Jack whenever I have a chance, Co-Director of Children's CE at church, and of course, time with my husband, daughters, their guys, and my sweet grandsons. School takes up many evenings and some Saturdays as well. I am getting together to pray with a Christian friend every other Saturday for a couple of hours and teaching 10 piano students. Add to that list my other interests: crafts (from time to time), reading (always), walking the dog (he insists), etc. Whew, no wonder the days fly by! Life is busy but I have missed keeping in touch via my blog.
I have a few pictures of the family to share and as soon as I buy new batteries for my camera, I'll post some new ones.
The Lord has been so good this year. In the midst of financial uncertainty, He has been our ROCK. In the midst of political upheaval, He has been our PEACE. In the midst of heartache, He has been our SOLACE. I am so thankful for the comfort of God's Word. I've been reading in Romans and I've been challenged to live with eternity in view.
Romans 8:28-39
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all-- how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those who God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died -- more than that, who was raised to life -- is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered?"
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels no demons, neither the present nor the future nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The struggle of this world is worth it because the future rewards of heaven will outweigh all present sufferings.
My Bible notes say this regarding Rom. 8:28 - "Let's be crystal clear here. God works everything in believers' lives for their "good." This doesn't mean that everything works for pleasant lifestyles, enjoyable futures and happiness. The "good" here, though it isn't defined or specified, is to be understood as a spiritual and eternal "good." God uses everything in believers' lives -- and often the difficult things in their lives -- to remake them, to transform them into the likeness of his Son. Everything that happens to us -- the easy, the difficult, the grief, the pain, the joy -- has one purpose: to make us more like Jesus. " (NIV Women of Faith Study Bible)
God is GOOD ALL OF THE TIME - even when we don't understand what he is doing in our lives and the lives of our family members. He is to be praised!
This year I've been involved in Awana, Children's Church, orchestra (flute) or piano for the morning services (when I am not in Children's Church), practicing flute, piano, and musical ensemble pieces, babysitting Henry and Jack whenever I have a chance, Co-Director of Children's CE at church, and of course, time with my husband, daughters, their guys, and my sweet grandsons. School takes up many evenings and some Saturdays as well. I am getting together to pray with a Christian friend every other Saturday for a couple of hours and teaching 10 piano students. Add to that list my other interests: crafts (from time to time), reading (always), walking the dog (he insists), etc. Whew, no wonder the days fly by! Life is busy but I have missed keeping in touch via my blog.
I have a few pictures of the family to share and as soon as I buy new batteries for my camera, I'll post some new ones.
The Lord has been so good this year. In the midst of financial uncertainty, He has been our ROCK. In the midst of political upheaval, He has been our PEACE. In the midst of heartache, He has been our SOLACE. I am so thankful for the comfort of God's Word. I've been reading in Romans and I've been challenged to live with eternity in view.
Romans 8:28-39
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all-- how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those who God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died -- more than that, who was raised to life -- is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered?"
No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels no demons, neither the present nor the future nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
The struggle of this world is worth it because the future rewards of heaven will outweigh all present sufferings.
My Bible notes say this regarding Rom. 8:28 - "Let's be crystal clear here. God works everything in believers' lives for their "good." This doesn't mean that everything works for pleasant lifestyles, enjoyable futures and happiness. The "good" here, though it isn't defined or specified, is to be understood as a spiritual and eternal "good." God uses everything in believers' lives -- and often the difficult things in their lives -- to remake them, to transform them into the likeness of his Son. Everything that happens to us -- the easy, the difficult, the grief, the pain, the joy -- has one purpose: to make us more like Jesus. " (NIV Women of Faith Study Bible)
God is GOOD ALL OF THE TIME - even when we don't understand what he is doing in our lives and the lives of our family members. He is to be praised!
Comments