Skip to main content

It's Christmas Day!

Glory to God in the Highest and on earth peace, good will to men! Today is the day we celebrate the birthday of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Hallelujah!

Rich and I spent the first Christmas Eve and Christmas morning alone since our first Christmas together. It was wonderful!!! We are heading over to Hollie's house to celebrate with the whole family this evening. Originally the family was getting together on Christmas Eve but schedules became so complicated that we changed plans. It has been a wonderful laid back, yes, even a romantic Christmas!

I babysat Henry and Jack on Thursday and then Becca and I took the boys out for a late lunch (she got off early), to the library for books (we found more train books) and then over to our house for the evening since Brent was working. We had such fun. Both of the boys are very sweet and love coming over to Nana's house. Jack took his second nap of the day at our house (he has a cold) and Henry rested while watching an Elmo DVD. What a grand day!

Comments

Grompy said…
Merry Christmas to you! We are enjoying Brad and Mari and the kids. We have lots of snow and the kids have played out in it a couple of times. We are cooking turkey now and will have our fondue Sunday eve. We don't have an evening service. Our love to you, Cheryl
Grompy said…
Merry Christmas to you! We are enjoying Brad and Mari and the kids. We have lots of snow and the kids have played out in it a couple of times. We are cooking turkey now and will have our fondue Sunday eve. We don't have an evening service. Our love to you, Cheryl

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Engagement Story

December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...

Vacation and COVID-19

It is a little difficult to write about our time in McCall objectively because I tend to have rose colored glasses about vacations in general and McCall in particular. However, the week of Family Camp was a bit challenging for Rich because he was away from his regular routines at home. He was surrounded by people each day and although they were a bit familiar, he couldn't remember their names or how he knew them. Our assistant pastor, Bobby Truax, was at our breakfast table one morning and Rich whispered to me, "What is his name?" Bobby overheard the question and without skipping a beat said, "Hi Rich! My name is Bobby." Over and over throughout the week, the men at camp spent time talking to Rich (and often answering the same questions numerous times) and making him feel a part of conversations. I am so appreciative! We played games with several different groups and every person was patient with Rich when he didn't understand the rules or felt overwhelmed b...

Laughter and Pets

I told Rich today that I was blogging about our journey with dementia. I felt that it was only fair that I let him know that I was making this public. He was characteristically upbeat and sweet. He said that he thought it was wonderful that I was putting down my thoughts and chronicling the road that we are walking together. He said that he wanted to use his journey to bring glory to God and point others to the Prince of Peace!  In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I lost my glasses this morning. It is humbling to realize that I needed Rich's help to find them (and he did find them)! Perhaps we both need a pair of back-up glasses! 😆 We have learned to laugh at many things that are part of our lives now. Rich's meds evidently give him lots of air bubbles and he belches long and loud (and dare I say - proud)!! I have to admit that the many noises that he emits is a bit irritating at times but usually we bust up and LAUGH! What can you do?  Rich's favorite sh...