This year is a bit different. I don't have many presents to buy or gifts to wrap. We couldn't put up all of our Christmas decorations because our place isn't big enough. We are cutting back in many of our usual Christmas traditions.
However, in spite of that - I am really into the spirit of Christmas. Christmas carols have been floating around the house and I've been meditating on the reason Christ came to earth so many years ago. He came so He could die for me (and you). What a privilege to know the real Christ of Christmas - not the baby in the manger (although that is part of the story) but the Christ who conquered sin and death so that I may have eternal life! Wow, that is something to celebrate!
So at this Christmas season, I am reading the prophecies in Isaiah and Micah about the coming Messiah and the story that never grows old from Matthew and Luke. I am thanking God for his amazing gift to us - His Son!
However, in spite of that - I am really into the spirit of Christmas. Christmas carols have been floating around the house and I've been meditating on the reason Christ came to earth so many years ago. He came so He could die for me (and you). What a privilege to know the real Christ of Christmas - not the baby in the manger (although that is part of the story) but the Christ who conquered sin and death so that I may have eternal life! Wow, that is something to celebrate!
So at this Christmas season, I am reading the prophecies in Isaiah and Micah about the coming Messiah and the story that never grows old from Matthew and Luke. I am thanking God for his amazing gift to us - His Son!
Comments