Skip to main content

Praise the Lord for a New Job!

I am starting next week at a new job working at Lowell Scott Middle School in the library. At this time it is a part time position but I am praying that it will turn into full time eventually! At least I have a foot in the door with the Meridian School District. I will continue to teach piano - I am shooting for 20 students. I have 10 now and I've had another 5 show interest in starting in Sept. so I think that I can reach my goal. I am finished working at Citi. I never went back after fracturing the bone in my hand.

My temp position was finished the week that my doctor gave me clearance to go back to work. If I wanted to stay at Citi, I would have needed to interview for the position that I had been doing for 3 months. It seemed that this was the best time to give my notice. The job just wasn't for me (at least not permanently).

The Lord has been teaching me so much about trusting in Him. I just finished reading Esther and now I am reading Job (in my daily Bible reading). The Lord used those books to remind me that He is in control of my life. I need to be willing to do whatever He asks me to do. I struggled alot with whether or not I should stay at Citi but ultimately, I want to work towards getting certified and getting back into the classroom. This is just the beginning of the journey but I believe that God opened the doors for me at the middle school (LSMS) and I need to follow His direction.

We are so excited for Cheryl and Dwight in the way that the Lord has led in their journey back into the pastorate for Dwight. They will be moving to Hillsdale, Wisconsin on August 28. What an awesome thing it is to follow God's leading for every step that you take. We are praying for you Turbetts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Engagement Story

December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...

Vacation and COVID-19

It is a little difficult to write about our time in McCall objectively because I tend to have rose colored glasses about vacations in general and McCall in particular. However, the week of Family Camp was a bit challenging for Rich because he was away from his regular routines at home. He was surrounded by people each day and although they were a bit familiar, he couldn't remember their names or how he knew them. Our assistant pastor, Bobby Truax, was at our breakfast table one morning and Rich whispered to me, "What is his name?" Bobby overheard the question and without skipping a beat said, "Hi Rich! My name is Bobby." Over and over throughout the week, the men at camp spent time talking to Rich (and often answering the same questions numerous times) and making him feel a part of conversations. I am so appreciative! We played games with several different groups and every person was patient with Rich when he didn't understand the rules or felt overwhelmed b...

Laughter and Pets

I told Rich today that I was blogging about our journey with dementia. I felt that it was only fair that I let him know that I was making this public. He was characteristically upbeat and sweet. He said that he thought it was wonderful that I was putting down my thoughts and chronicling the road that we are walking together. He said that he wanted to use his journey to bring glory to God and point others to the Prince of Peace!  In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I lost my glasses this morning. It is humbling to realize that I needed Rich's help to find them (and he did find them)! Perhaps we both need a pair of back-up glasses! 😆 We have learned to laugh at many things that are part of our lives now. Rich's meds evidently give him lots of air bubbles and he belches long and loud (and dare I say - proud)!! I have to admit that the many noises that he emits is a bit irritating at times but usually we bust up and LAUGH! What can you do?  Rich's favorite sh...