Skip to main content

January 2009

Wow, January is almost over and I haven't blogged all month! During this month I finished up my responsibilities at The Studio where I have been teaching piano and Kindermusik. I am now just teaching students out of my home (cuts down on the overhead) and I'm not teaching Kindermusik this semester. I have been filling out applications for full-time work but while waiting for something full time to open up, I'm substitute teaching.

Rich is enjoying his job at Citi Group (he especially enjoys getting a regular paycheck and having insurance). I am so grateful!!

Kelly is looking for work right now as well. She was "let go" from her job at the Elk's Rehabilitation Hearing and Balance Clinic in December and is finding the job market quite slim (even retail & waitressing jobs are hard to come by). She moved in with Hollie last weekend & is helping out with cooking, cleaning, and household chores as a way to "pitch in" until she gets more work.

Comments

sara said…
Hi! Sounds like you all are doing well. I will pray for Kelly- is she doing much with her music these days?

Thanks for your comments on the books- I will have to look up that author you mentioned- I had never heard of her.
Priscilla said…
Hi Sara,
Yes, Kelly is continuing to pursue her music. She is singing back-up on two CDs and continues to perform several times a week. Right now that is how she is paying the bills but she is looking for an additional job (to help offset her financial responsibilities.

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Engagement Story

December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...

Vacation and COVID-19

It is a little difficult to write about our time in McCall objectively because I tend to have rose colored glasses about vacations in general and McCall in particular. However, the week of Family Camp was a bit challenging for Rich because he was away from his regular routines at home. He was surrounded by people each day and although they were a bit familiar, he couldn't remember their names or how he knew them. Our assistant pastor, Bobby Truax, was at our breakfast table one morning and Rich whispered to me, "What is his name?" Bobby overheard the question and without skipping a beat said, "Hi Rich! My name is Bobby." Over and over throughout the week, the men at camp spent time talking to Rich (and often answering the same questions numerous times) and making him feel a part of conversations. I am so appreciative! We played games with several different groups and every person was patient with Rich when he didn't understand the rules or felt overwhelmed b...

Laughter and Pets

I told Rich today that I was blogging about our journey with dementia. I felt that it was only fair that I let him know that I was making this public. He was characteristically upbeat and sweet. He said that he thought it was wonderful that I was putting down my thoughts and chronicling the road that we are walking together. He said that he wanted to use his journey to bring glory to God and point others to the Prince of Peace!  In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I lost my glasses this morning. It is humbling to realize that I needed Rich's help to find them (and he did find them)! Perhaps we both need a pair of back-up glasses! 😆 We have learned to laugh at many things that are part of our lives now. Rich's meds evidently give him lots of air bubbles and he belches long and loud (and dare I say - proud)!! I have to admit that the many noises that he emits is a bit irritating at times but usually we bust up and LAUGH! What can you do?  Rich's favorite sh...