Skip to main content

Prayer and Praise!

We had a wonderful time celebrating Becca's birthday on Saturday. Becca, Brent, and Henry came over for dinner. Our praise is that Henry is feeling SO MUCH better! It took two trips to the doctor and plenty of antibiotics but Henry's ear infections seem to have cleared up. We are thankful!

Our prayer request today is that Kelly is quite sick. She has been running a fever since Saturday night and she is having trouble breathing. She has had this problem a few times - the infection has been in her chest. Anyway, today we are trying to get in to see a respiratory specialist. I have cancelled my morning classes so that I can take care of her.

The complication is that she is house sitting for an acquaintance and caring for his dogs. The house is 10 miles away from us. We have been back and forth a few times to care for Kelly & the dogs. I brought her home last night but Rich went back to stay overnight so that he could feed & water the dogs. I hope that we can keep up with everything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Engagement Story

December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...

Vacation and COVID-19

It is a little difficult to write about our time in McCall objectively because I tend to have rose colored glasses about vacations in general and McCall in particular. However, the week of Family Camp was a bit challenging for Rich because he was away from his regular routines at home. He was surrounded by people each day and although they were a bit familiar, he couldn't remember their names or how he knew them. Our assistant pastor, Bobby Truax, was at our breakfast table one morning and Rich whispered to me, "What is his name?" Bobby overheard the question and without skipping a beat said, "Hi Rich! My name is Bobby." Over and over throughout the week, the men at camp spent time talking to Rich (and often answering the same questions numerous times) and making him feel a part of conversations. I am so appreciative! We played games with several different groups and every person was patient with Rich when he didn't understand the rules or felt overwhelmed b...

Laughter and Pets

I told Rich today that I was blogging about our journey with dementia. I felt that it was only fair that I let him know that I was making this public. He was characteristically upbeat and sweet. He said that he thought it was wonderful that I was putting down my thoughts and chronicling the road that we are walking together. He said that he wanted to use his journey to bring glory to God and point others to the Prince of Peace!  In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I lost my glasses this morning. It is humbling to realize that I needed Rich's help to find them (and he did find them)! Perhaps we both need a pair of back-up glasses! 😆 We have learned to laugh at many things that are part of our lives now. Rich's meds evidently give him lots of air bubbles and he belches long and loud (and dare I say - proud)!! I have to admit that the many noises that he emits is a bit irritating at times but usually we bust up and LAUGH! What can you do?  Rich's favorite sh...