Skip to main content

Henry is Almost 5 months!


Henry is growing and changing daily (although he is still a peanut)! He is the spitting image of his mama! He has cut two teeth & is trying to cut a few more. He loves to get my finger in his mouth & BITE! Clean hands and sore fingers (from all that biting) are all the rage in our house.

I still babysit for him every weekday afternoon. The schedule is a bit crazy because I teach piano on Mondays from 4-6 p.m. & I've been filling in Tues. afternoons, as well. Becca's schedule at work has changed to 10:30-7:00. It gives her more time in the mornings with Henry & he only has to go to the babysitter's house for about 2 1/2 hours a day. On Wednesdays I take Henry to Awana with me & Becca picks him up at church. The other days Brent picks him up. He is such a joy to care for and I wouldn't miss it for anything. Life is very full!

Brent got a new job at St. Luke's Idaho Elks Rehabilitation. It is a supervisory position & it is a great move for Brent. Brent encouraged Rich to apply for the job that he (Brent) is vacating at St. Luke's. Rich put in his application and resume last week, so we will have to PRAY!

Comments

tacky said…
Good morning, Auntie! If you click on the box under the slide show, you can make your own slide show...it walks you through so you can do it yourself! It is alot of fun to do and doesn't take that long after the first "getting to know how to do it". It is an easy way to show lots of pics fast!
Hope you all are well...we are loving the fall weather and colors here! We need some new pics of Henry!!! He is so handsome!!! xoxxoxo to all, Kari

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Engagement Story

December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...

Vacation and COVID-19

It is a little difficult to write about our time in McCall objectively because I tend to have rose colored glasses about vacations in general and McCall in particular. However, the week of Family Camp was a bit challenging for Rich because he was away from his regular routines at home. He was surrounded by people each day and although they were a bit familiar, he couldn't remember their names or how he knew them. Our assistant pastor, Bobby Truax, was at our breakfast table one morning and Rich whispered to me, "What is his name?" Bobby overheard the question and without skipping a beat said, "Hi Rich! My name is Bobby." Over and over throughout the week, the men at camp spent time talking to Rich (and often answering the same questions numerous times) and making him feel a part of conversations. I am so appreciative! We played games with several different groups and every person was patient with Rich when he didn't understand the rules or felt overwhelmed b...

Laughter and Pets

I told Rich today that I was blogging about our journey with dementia. I felt that it was only fair that I let him know that I was making this public. He was characteristically upbeat and sweet. He said that he thought it was wonderful that I was putting down my thoughts and chronicling the road that we are walking together. He said that he wanted to use his journey to bring glory to God and point others to the Prince of Peace!  In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I lost my glasses this morning. It is humbling to realize that I needed Rich's help to find them (and he did find them)! Perhaps we both need a pair of back-up glasses! 😆 We have learned to laugh at many things that are part of our lives now. Rich's meds evidently give him lots of air bubbles and he belches long and loud (and dare I say - proud)!! I have to admit that the many noises that he emits is a bit irritating at times but usually we bust up and LAUGH! What can you do?  Rich's favorite sh...