Skip to main content

The Joys of Summer



I love summer! Rich and I sit outside and have our coffee and devotions and take bike rides in the cool of the morning. I am able to visit with my girls and grandbaby as much as I like! Even though I love teaching, it is nice to have a more relaxed routine during the summer. Henry just came over with his mama & he will stay with me for an hour or so while Becca does some shopping. OH JOY!

Tonight is the last night of VBS. Tomorrow night is the program & picnic. I have actually enjoyed the evening format. For one thing, it is shorter (only two hours: 6:30-8:30) & it is cooler in the evening. It has been nice to have more men & working women be able to be involved.

Comments

sara said…
That is so nice that you can babysit Henry...I sure wish my Mom lived closer to do that :)
Dave Mincy said…
I believe a "happy birthday" is in order? (at least based on the 2006 b-day pic you have posted on your sidebar)...have a great one :-)
Dramagirl said…
Happy birthday, Auntie Cilla!! Henry is such a cutie!! Wish we could eat some cake with you tonight. Love you, Kristy and Brian
Priscilla said…
It was so nice to hear from all of you. We were up at the cabin last week so I haven't blogged for awhile. I'll catch up1! Thanks for the birthday greetings. We had a great time celebrating! I am sooo grateful that we can see Henry so much - I am not taking it for granted.

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Engagement Story

December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...

Vacation and COVID-19

It is a little difficult to write about our time in McCall objectively because I tend to have rose colored glasses about vacations in general and McCall in particular. However, the week of Family Camp was a bit challenging for Rich because he was away from his regular routines at home. He was surrounded by people each day and although they were a bit familiar, he couldn't remember their names or how he knew them. Our assistant pastor, Bobby Truax, was at our breakfast table one morning and Rich whispered to me, "What is his name?" Bobby overheard the question and without skipping a beat said, "Hi Rich! My name is Bobby." Over and over throughout the week, the men at camp spent time talking to Rich (and often answering the same questions numerous times) and making him feel a part of conversations. I am so appreciative! We played games with several different groups and every person was patient with Rich when he didn't understand the rules or felt overwhelmed b...

Laughter and Pets

I told Rich today that I was blogging about our journey with dementia. I felt that it was only fair that I let him know that I was making this public. He was characteristically upbeat and sweet. He said that he thought it was wonderful that I was putting down my thoughts and chronicling the road that we are walking together. He said that he wanted to use his journey to bring glory to God and point others to the Prince of Peace!  In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I lost my glasses this morning. It is humbling to realize that I needed Rich's help to find them (and he did find them)! Perhaps we both need a pair of back-up glasses! 😆 We have learned to laugh at many things that are part of our lives now. Rich's meds evidently give him lots of air bubbles and he belches long and loud (and dare I say - proud)!! I have to admit that the many noises that he emits is a bit irritating at times but usually we bust up and LAUGH! What can you do?  Rich's favorite sh...