Skip to main content

My Sweet Husband


I am so fortunate to have Rich as my friend, helpmeet, love, soul mate. . . I appreciate the way that he takes care of me and unselfishly does things around the house or takes my bike to get the tire fixed. He doesn't even ask what he can do - he just does it. He is very thoughtful and loves to just spend time with me. He doesn't complain if I am too busy to cook (he is a very good cook) or if my haircuts cost too much. He always wants the best for me. It is a joy to do things for him because he appreciates everything! He is my best cheerleader and encourager (especially with playing the piano) - I count myself so blessed. Most importantly, he is the spiritual leader of our home. He is so genuine and transparent in his Christian life that others are drawn to him. Thank you, Lord, for your grace and mercy in my life. I don't deserve it but I'm so grateful!!

Comments

tacky said…
Ohhhh, I love that you are blogging! Thank you for the pictures...what a wonderful blessing for you to be Nanna and Papa! Enjoy all the hugs and kisses! Love to all you Idahoians! Kari
gailsgarden said…
Hurray!!! Another family blogger to keep us up to date on your end of the country! Henry is darling and we will LOVE to see pics of him and all of you. Where's Kelly? Haven't seen her face yet. I know, she is shy! Ha!ha!
Priscilla said…
It is so fun to hear from you!! I love to check your blogs, too. I feel like we aren't so far away from each other.

Popular posts from this blog

A Christmas Engagement Story

December 21 was my sister, Gail, and brother-in-law, Paul's, 55th anniversary! What a a wonderful milestone and an example of commitment to each other. Thinking of their day so long ago (I was a 12 year old bridesmaid at their beautiful Christmas wedding), reminded me of my engagement story. I decided to post our story on the blog about our continued journey together. At the time of our engagement both Rich and I taught school in Denver at Silver State Christian School. Although Rich taught junior high and I taught 1st grade, we came together for staff meetings each week. We both worked with the junior high youth group at church and got to know each other through ski trips and other youth activities. We started to date in 1975 right after my Christmas vacation trip back home to Minnesota - but that is another story! Rich and I became engaged 43 years ago on Christmas Eve. We were in Minnesota for Christmas with my family (the first time everyone would meet my boyfriend) in 1977 and...

Vacation and COVID-19

It is a little difficult to write about our time in McCall objectively because I tend to have rose colored glasses about vacations in general and McCall in particular. However, the week of Family Camp was a bit challenging for Rich because he was away from his regular routines at home. He was surrounded by people each day and although they were a bit familiar, he couldn't remember their names or how he knew them. Our assistant pastor, Bobby Truax, was at our breakfast table one morning and Rich whispered to me, "What is his name?" Bobby overheard the question and without skipping a beat said, "Hi Rich! My name is Bobby." Over and over throughout the week, the men at camp spent time talking to Rich (and often answering the same questions numerous times) and making him feel a part of conversations. I am so appreciative! We played games with several different groups and every person was patient with Rich when he didn't understand the rules or felt overwhelmed b...

Laughter and Pets

I told Rich today that I was blogging about our journey with dementia. I felt that it was only fair that I let him know that I was making this public. He was characteristically upbeat and sweet. He said that he thought it was wonderful that I was putting down my thoughts and chronicling the road that we are walking together. He said that he wanted to use his journey to bring glory to God and point others to the Prince of Peace!  In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess that I lost my glasses this morning. It is humbling to realize that I needed Rich's help to find them (and he did find them)! Perhaps we both need a pair of back-up glasses! 😆 We have learned to laugh at many things that are part of our lives now. Rich's meds evidently give him lots of air bubbles and he belches long and loud (and dare I say - proud)!! I have to admit that the many noises that he emits is a bit irritating at times but usually we bust up and LAUGH! What can you do?  Rich's favorite sh...